Greater Lafayette CoderDojo
The CoderDojo program has been around since 2011 & Dojos exist all over the world. It was started in Ireland by Bill Liao and has spread like wildfire. Thanks to a grant written by Greater Lafayette Commerce, CoderDojo has a home in the Greater Lafayette Region. Students are welcome to join us each month FREE OF CHARGE to learn and explore the wonders of CODING, COMPUTER SCIENCE, and STE[A]M.
At each of our sessions, we offer our ninja's a wide variety of activities to choose from. We average around 25 students per session, most of which are under 13 years of age.
Some of the activities we have featured in our "meet-ups" include:
- Using Scratch to build games and animations
- Programming Dobot robot
- Building and programming EV3 robots
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic activities
- Android app building with App Inventor
- Pixel art with PiskalApp
- Activities from Code.org, Tynker, and MadeWithCode
- Cool tech "toys" including Spheros, Edison robots, Kibo bots
- Building with LittleBits
- Python coding
- What makes a website work
Greater Lafayette CoderDojos are located throughout the region. Check out any of these for your children.
Lewis-Cass Elementary School