Small Business of the Month/Year
Celebrate Your Peers
About the Small Business of the Month Program
The Small Business of the Month/Year Program (SBOM) is designed to recognize the dedication, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit displayed by Greater Lafayette Small Businesses. The goal of the monthly award is to highlight a small business and give them extra marketing exposure to aid in growing their business. The award season runs from January to November annually. In December, all the previous years' Small Business of the Month winners are in the running for the Small Business of the Year recognition.
The Small Business of the Month winner is honored at a reception on the fourth Wednesday of the month from 5-6 pm.
SBOM Award Eligibility Requirements
- 50 employees or less
- Current member of the Greater Lafayette Commerce
- Must be in business under current ownership for 3 or more years
- Show active involvement in the community and/or Greater Lafayette Commerce
- Not have been awarded Small Business of the Month NOR Small Business of the Year for the past 10 years*
- Applications are considered for three months
Small Business of the Month Winner Benefits
Winner's enjoy additional marketing during the winning month which includes:
- Old National Bank posts an advertisement in the Journal and Courier
- Greater Lafayette Commerce sends out email invitation for the reception on behalf of winner
- Greater Lafayette Commerce posts formal announcement in monthly e-newsletter
- Social media post with an informal video interview from the reception - Greater Lafayette Commerce and Old National Bank
- Greater Lafayette Commerce will send out an email blast with full write up about winner, with photo from the reception
- Monthly winners are also eligible to win the Small Business of the Year Award.