Skip to content


We are a before & after school program that operates inside of 6 elementary schools within, Tippecanoe county schools and West Lafayette schools. Currently with the closure of schools, it has forced our programs to close too. What type of assistance can you offer to small businesses such as us?

Here is a link to the disaster relief SBA loan program designed to provide cashflow to businesses and nonprofits. SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) now open for Indiana Small Businesses

What's an EIDL?

  • The SBA EIDL program can provide low-interest loans of up to $2M to businesses and private non-profits.
  • EIDLs may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills.
  • The interest rate is 3.75% for small businesses without credit available elsewhere. The interest rate for non-profits is 2.75%.
  • EIDLs have long-term repayment options, up to a maximum of 30 years. Terms are determined on a case-by-case basis, based on borrower's ability to repay.

How do I Apply?

Please clarify if or how United Way is helping employees with rent and utilities who can’t go to work because they are coughing.

United Way responses to Covid-19. As of now we have established a fund and continue to raise additional funds to provide support in the following ways:

  • Food distribution to students affected by school closures and other food insecure populations that are isolated or lack access
  • Rent, utility, and prescription medication assistance for those displaced by employment interruption
  • Access to childcare for families effected by closures especially for essential medical and emergency response staff
  • Services and shelter for people experiencing homelessness who lack the resources to stay safe and receive medical treatment
  • Access to mental health and substance use services during a time when isolation can significantly impact progress

Additionally we are currently identifying partners who will provide these services to the community. We are gathering resources for existing services to put on our website and that should be available soon.

Learn more:

Should I report to work with the “Stay at Home” order in place?

If you’re unsure if you should report to work, the best thing to do is to call your employer. Many businesses are still operating (Essential Businesses) during the Stay at Home executive order.

I understand there are some national funds to help restaurant workers and owners with grants and cash. Could you add links to all of those to the website.

Funding for restaurants:

Scroll To Top