COVID-19 Business Resources
COVID-19 Business Resources
Dear Greater Lafayette Commerce Members and Small Businesses
We are closely monitoring the developments around the transmission of the COVID-19 virus and will continually be assessing our policies related to them. With information currently available, it is difficult to forecast what will happen during the next 7 days, or even a month from now. Our top priority is the health and well-being of our program participants, businesses, their employees and the community at large.
If you still have a question regarding COVID-19 that is not answered by one of the resources we have provided below, the Greater Lafayette Commerce team will connect you with the available information as quickly as possible.
Governor Holcomb extends stay at home order through May 1
Updated FAQ document
Executive Order with guidance on "essential businesses"
A Critical Industries Hotline is open to help guide businesses and industries with the executive order. This center is reachable by calling 877-820-0890 or by emailing email@example.com
We continue to monitor the impacts of the coronavirus, using the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Indiana State Department of Health. There is a large volume of information being circulated about the coronavirus from a wide variety of sources. We encourage all organizations to use the guidance from these government agencies as the trusted resource for individual business decisions.
- Community Resources
- NEW Tipmont - Wintek Free Public WIFI Spots
- Audio: Learn How Your Business May Benefit From the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
Guidelines for Businesses
All employers should be ready to implement strategies to protect their workforce from the coronavirus while ensuring continuity of operations. Download these guides created by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, State of Indiana, and Small Business Administration based on information provided by the CDC, to learn more about how employers and employees can prepare for and address the impacts of the Coronavirus.
- NEW (as of 5/05/2020) - Restarting Your Business
- NEW (as of 4/24/2020) - Lafayette CDBG Emergency Small Business Assistance Program
- NEW (as of 4/24/2020) - West Lafayette Small Business Stabilization Fund
- Understanding the Small Business Loans Available Through the CARES Act
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) now open for Indiana Small Businesses
What's an EIDL?
- The SBA EIDL program can provide low-interest loans of up to $2M to businesses and private non-profits.
- EIDLs may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills.
- The interest rate is 3.75% for small businesses without credit available elsewhere. The interest rate for non-profits is 2.75%.
- EIDLs have long-term repayment options, up to a maximum of 30 years. Terms are determined on a case-by-case basis, based on borrower's ability to repay.
- How do I apply?
- Online at SBA.gov/disaster
- Need help? Access these step-by-step online instructions or line by line instructions
- Still need help? Call the SBA's Disaster Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing can call 800-877-8339.
- What's next?
- If this update was forwarded to you, sign up for our emails: sba.gov/updates.
- Follow us on Twitter @SBA_Indiana
- Funding for Restaurants and Restaurant Employee Relief Fund: https://restaurant.org/Covid19
- US Chamber Foundation Covid-19 Resource Page: https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/coronavirus
- Employee Guide: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Workplace Tips for Employees
- Employer Guide: Guidance For Employers To Plan and Respond To Coronavirus
- Customer Flyer (customizable): Customizable Workplace Flyer (Please open this file in the latest version of Chrome or Edge browser, or Adobe software, to customize)
- Corporate Aid Tracker: The business community is mobilizing its expertise and resources to assist with the relief and containment efforts. Access the coronavirus (COVID-19) Corporate Aid Tracker to see examples of how businesses are responding.
- Disaster Corporate Aid Trackers: https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/disaster-corporate-aid-trackers
- Small Business Toolkit (Resilience in a Box): https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/resilience-box
- Indiana Department of Labor COVID-19 Guidelines and FAQs: https://www.in.gov/dol/3142.htm
- State of Indiana COVID-19 Response: https://www.in.gov/coronavirus/
- Governor Holcomb 3/16/2020 COVID-19 Measures: https://calendar.in.gov/site/gov/event/gov-holcomb-announces-more-steps-to-slow-the-spread-of-covid-19/
- Webinar: COVID-19 Guidance for Individuals & Employers, presented by the Indianapolis Bar Association: https://vimeo.com/397488642
- SBA COVID-19 Guidance for Employers page: https://www.sba.gov/page/guidance-businesses-employers-plan-respond-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- SBA Economic Disaster Loans: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance
- CDC Guidance for Employers page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fspecific-groups%2Fguidance-business-response.html
- The CDC recommends that event organizers cancel or postpone events with more than 50 attendees for the next 8-weeks: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html
- COVID-19 Symptoms and Testing Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/index.html
- NEW (as of 5/20/2020) - Indiana's Weekly Unemployment Claims by Industry Sector
- Indiana Department of Workforce Development COVID-19 Info: https://www.in.gov/dwd/19.htm
- How to File: https://www.in.gov/dwd/2362.htm
- FAQs: https://www.in.gov/dwd/files/Indiana_Unemployment_FAQ.pdf
- FAQs in Spanish: https://www.in.gov/dwd/files/Indiana_Unemployment_FAQ_Sp.pdf
- FAQs for Employers: https://www.in.gov/dwd/files/Indiana_Unemployment_FAQ_Employers.pdf
- FAQs for Employers Spanish: https://www.in.gov/dwd/files/Indiana_Unemployment_FAQ_Employers_Sp.pdf
- Guide to Rolling UI Claims Process: https://www.in.gov/dwd/4013.htm
- Podcast: What you need to know about Unemployment Insurance: https://www.ibj.com/articles/ibj-podcast-what-you-need-to-know-about-unemployment-now
Missed a webinar? Replays available
- Community Leader Update on COVID-19: United Way and Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette
- Storefront Strategies: Restaurant and Retail INnovations
- Workforce Development: Workforce Updates
- Community Leader Update on COVID-19: IU Health and Franciscan Health
- Business Strategies: Playbook for Success – Building your Game Plan for Winning the War on COVID-19
- Workforce Development: Training Opportunities with Ivy Tech Community College
- Workforce Development: Workforce Safety
- Quarterly Development Series Q2: COVID-19 Impact Series - Senator Young and the CARES Act
- Workforce Development Weekly Webinar: Summer Options for Youth
- Workforce Development Weekly Webinar: Workforce Mental Health
- Quarterly Development Series Q2: COVID-19 Impact Webinar Series Part III Playbook for Success – Building your Game Plan for your COVID Comeback Story
- INnovations Series: Build Resilience, Deal with Stress, and Improve Overall Well-Being During Covid Times
- State Legislator's Webinar Update
- Safely Returning to Work
Drive Business During This Challenging Time
- Members and non-members can enter hot deals here: https://chambermaster.blob.core.windows.net/userfiles/UserFiles/chambers/2907/CMS/PDFs/COVID19/Hot-Deal---Member-and-Non-member-Instructions.pdf
- Find all hot deals here: http://www.greaterlafayettecommerce.com/hotdeals/
Considering that some of our upcoming events require significant preparation on the behalf of the participants, the Greater Lafayette Commerce Board of Directors and staff have decided to postpone events where possible, create virtual or on-line versions of the meeting to allow for remote participation, or cancel the event if no other alternative is available.
Please view our events calendar for the most up-to-date list of events and registrations: Click here to view
- Working meetings, committee meetings, board of director meetings, and any other meetings will be conducted virtually. The Greater Lafayette Commerce Staff member assigned to the meeting will arrange a conference call line, or other arrangements to conduct the meeting. All participants will be notified about the arrangements at least 12 hours before the meeting.
- Coder Dojo STRIKE - Hosted at Matchbox: Cancelled - Monthly meetings will resume in August.
- Legislative Lookback (Wrap-Up) Luncheon - March 19: Cancelled.
- Tippy Connect Young Professionals Events - March 17, March 24, April 7, April 14: Postponed or cancelled until further notice.
- INnovation Series - March 24: Cancelled.
- Small Business of the Month - March 25: Postponed until end of April or as appropriate.
- Farmers Market Vendor Meeting - March 30: Postponed to future date.
- Rise & Shine Greater Lafayette - Moved to a weekly virtual schedule starting April 17. See our events calendar for details.
- Live at Five - April 8: Postponed to future date.
- Business Expo - April 15: Postponed to September 16.
- Farmers Market Earth Day Event - April 25: Cancelled.
- Business Strategies Series - April 28: Changed to Webinar - see our events calendar for details.
- Wabash Valley Lean Events - Postponed to later dates.