Inside Sales RepresentativesJob Overview:
The Inside Sales Representative directly interfaces with customers to support the sales team to maintain current business and aid in developing new business. This position is responsible for entering all sales orders into the computer software system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes customer inquiries/quotes
- Responds to customer inquiries, questions or a complaint which requires research and coordination of information from several different areas.
- Entry and maintenance of customer purchase orders in the computer software system
- Daily interaction with district managers, production planners, purchasing, traffic and operation personnel to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintains contract pricing/blanket orders within the computer software system
- Collects all information needed and alerts appropriate personnel of any potential inventory issues
- Possesses knowledge of company policies, procedures, practices and products
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement in all work processes
- Utilizes root cause analysis skills with corrective action follow-up
- Strong customer service skills
- Accuracy with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi task while working in an open office environment
- Possesses well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Dependability, Adaptability/flexibility
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to concentrate on task at hand when distractions are present
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate technical information verbally and written, via well documented work instructions and process descriptions.
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as an Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative
- 1-3 years experience in steel service center or related industry, preferred