Direct Sales ManagerDescription
Principal Objective of Position:
The District Sales Manager is responsible for growing sales to current customers and expanding the customer base of a region by responding to customer requests, qualifying potential opportunities, cold-calling prospective customers, and building upon existing customer relationships.
- Travel within a designated sales territory to meet prospects and customers.
- Identify, qualify, and cultivate new sales opportunities and customers through multiple mediums including, but not limited to telephone, inbound leads, manufacturing leads, cold-calls, and in-house web-based resources.
- Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with customers and potential customers to increase sales and grow the relationship.
- Collaborate with the management team to improve marketing materials and expand the company’s marketing presence in their specific territory.
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients.
- Maintain accurate client records within the company sales database.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the metals market and future forecasts
- Project or forecast customer metals needs as needed.
- Develop pricing strategies for each customer’s program
- Stay abreast of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ past sales experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the Metals Industry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing and/or metal fabrication processes.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Accuracy with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Ability to manage competing demands on time and schedule and display flexibility and adaptability to unexpected changes or delays.
- Ability to manage time and schedule effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to communicate with various levels and with different types of people internally and externally to create and build lasting relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate technical information verbally and in writing, via well documented work instructions and process descriptions.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail while managing all respective sales activities.
- Knowledge and clear understanding of metals fabrication
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or related field.