As a Warehouse Associate Team Leader at Caterpillar, you will assist the Supervisor/Foreman in coordinating workflow, promoting cooperative team relationships, establishing daily priorities, etc., and you will also be performing various warehousing functions at a CLS warehouse/distribution facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating workflow
- Promoting cooperative team relationships
- Actively promoting safe work practices and procedures
- Establishing daily priorities, providing feedback to supervisory team on Associate performance
- Performing and/or coordinating the training of Associates on work techniques and promoting continuous improvement.
- Assists the Supervisor/Foreman in: performing the material handling and warehousing functions required in inbound, outbound and other operational functions.
- Working from a variety of source documents to verify quantities, count parts, fill orders, package parts, etc.
- Using machines for weighing, banding, wrapping, packaging, stenciling, etc.
- Maintaining related records or reports as required and resolving discrepancies where needed
- Operating computer terminals to access and update information for receiving, counting, and order processing
- Performing and assigning housekeeping functions; using mobile equipment as required facilitating job functions
- Reporting defects and need for repairs on mobile equipment by following safety procedures
- Assisting the Warehouse Associates in resolving various work related issues.
- Warehouse and/or order filling experience
- Minimum of 1 warehouse and/or manufacturing experience
- Minimum of 1 year material handling equipment experience (ie: forklift, order picker, reach truck, etc)
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Ability to read/write and interpret documents
- Ability to perform a variety of record keeping and reporting functions
- Computer skills
- Prior knowledge of various WMS
- Previous leadership (ie: team lead, supervisor, etc)
- Ability to frequently lift and carry material weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15 to 30 minutes
- 1st Shift
- Position is Located in Lafayette, IN
- Wage starts at $17.25/hr
Relocation is not offered for this position
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.