Wabash National is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that moves diverse industries forward through innovative solutions. Each associate is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 25 years ago.
If you are applying for a position with certain Wabash National Corporation's subsidiaries, Walker Stainless Equipment LLC, or Brenner Tank, LLC, with locations in Wisconsin and Oregon, or Supreme Corporation with locations in Indiana, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Texas, and California; please know that these companies are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. You can learn more about your rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash National. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be – for our associates, our customers and our community.
The Senior Product Engineer is responsible for supporting one of a few platforms or product categories, and for new product development. This role is required to work cross-functionally with other business areas including Sales, Marketing and Operations. This position can be based out of Lafayette, IN or Goshen, IN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and designs new products and derivatives within the assigned category that will penetrate new and existing markets
- Develops engineered products, systems and solutions
- Supports and maintains current products to address continuous improvement in quality, reliability, cost and performance
- Accountable for project management and documentation enabling rapid development of new design concepts
- Works within EPDM for release of engineering documents
- New product development as well as current product maintenance/upgrade
- Assists with 3rd party partnerships, suppliers and certifications
- Develops and tests prototypes for new product ideas
- Develops/modifies product specifications
- Develops quality designs and makes trade-offs based on data and solid engineering analysis
- Effective utilization of design/analytical tools and discipline to design to customer Critical-to-Quality
(CTQ’s) including DFMEA, DFSS, FEA modeling, DOE’s, DFA, DFM, etc.
- Creates and maintains project development plans
- Creates and executes Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Identifies and executes cost out projects to drive Value Added Value Engineering (VAVE)
- Develops and designs special quoted options for plant related sales
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree required
- College Degree Major Desired: Mechanical Engineering; Master’s Degree is a plus
Knowledge, Training, Skills and/or Experience:.
- Knowledge and/or training courses specific for this position
- 3D Modeling Experience (preferably in SolidWorks)
- Microsoft Office
- Six Sigma background (preferably DFSS) preferred
- Working Knowledge of SAP
- Skills specific for this position
- Proactive and collaborative technical leadership, with ability to think creatively, and successfully implement product development projects
- Strong written/verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills Ø Organizational skills
- Exceptional ability to solve problems in a logical systematic fashion
- Experience specific for this position
- 5+ years product engineering experience - product development, design and release
- Mechanics of Materials
- Materials and Manufacturing Process Awareness
- Machine Design
- Tolerance Analysis and Stackups
- Experience working in an industrial, rapid response build-to-order business environment preferred Ø Engineering Quoting/Cost Estimation Experience
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Wabash National is a tobacco free environment.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Wabash National Corporation or any of its affiliates, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email email@example.com.