What you will be part of
At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio.
In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab is building a new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Senior Administrative Support Specialist to be responsible for all administration for the new plant. As the first line of communication, you will be responsible for creating a professional and welcoming environment for international and domestic customers, vendors, visitors and employees. You must demonstrate a poised and professional demeanor with a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and professional appearance. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors at the West Lafayette office
- Maintain visitor log and distribute badges with a high level of accuracy
- Provide professional phone coverage at all times; screen all calls and determine through independent judgment those which require immediate attention
- Coordination of travel arrangements
- Overall management of busy calendars
- Coordination and scheduling of meetings
- Process and track expense reimbursements
- Maintaining and updating contacts lists
- Inventory and ordering of Office Supplies
- Provide backup support to other Assistants as needed
- Assist with additional projects and other duties as required
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance
Your experiences and skills
- Associate’s degree, technical/business school, or equivalent; may vary by functional area
- 5+ years of experience supporting Executives/ Senior Leaders in an administrative support role.
- Proficiency in e-mail, Microsoft office suite and other computer-based systems
- Self-starter and self-directed with the ability to think creatively for efficiency and process improvement
- Ability to multi-task, balancing a number of tasks efficiently
- Excellent customer service skills with positive and helpful demeanor
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills while knowing your audience
- Punctuality and dependability
- Ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively in a team setting
- Driven, innovative and takes initiative without being asked
- Strong organizational skills and project coordination experience with attention to detail
- Accepting of new ideas and has the desire to continue learning
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.