The Quality Control Technician is responsible for maintaining quality assurance processes, testing products, and recording and analyzing results data during product development and manufacturing.
- Conducts mechanical testing including machining samples for tensile testing;
- Conducts dimensional inspection using hand held and computer-controlled gauges;
- Supports gage tracking, calibration, and maintenance program;
- Supports creation, implementation, and enforcement of quality system in laboratory operations;
- Records and stores data from laboratory testing for analysis;
- Assists with quality lab equipment Installation and long-term maintenance;
- Reviews customer requirements and ensures that they are met;
- Ensures that manufacturing or production processes meet national standards;
- Monitors performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports;
- Completes special projects as required;
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma;
- ASQ Quality Technician or ASQ Calibration Technician certifications preferred;
- Experience as a process auditor and preparing First Article Inspection Reports/PPAPS is a plus;
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and as a coordinator of a multi-departmental team to meet or exceed goals;
- Comfortable with the use of MS Office, specifically Excel;
- Ability to use/read calipers, micrometers, tape measure;
- Ability to work 12 hours shift, EOWEO or weekends only schedule;
- Strong attention to detail, strong problem solver, able to create solutions to challenges in an expedient manner;
- Willing to work in hot/humid, cold, noisy industrial environment;
- Maintain a strong attention to detail and a diligent work ethic;
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.