Job Purpose: Performs quality control and/or technical support for all functional departments including receiving, shipping, storage, processing, assembly/sub-assembly, communication and/or related equipment, packaging and returns to ensure client standards are maintained.
Job Duties: This position will generally report to an Operations Supervisor but may receive assignments from other management staff or lead personnel. Maintains a cooperative relationship with all team members and may be required to perform duties outside of the normal work routine. Must be able to work overtime and irregular shifts as needed.
Utilizes specialized knowledge of client material/equipment to identify and analyze incoming parts from vendors and suppliers and makes appropriate disposition. Inspects methods and processes used for storing, packaging and shipping customer orders. May be responsible for diagnosing, testing and repairing client or vendor equipment or performing detailed assembly and/or sub-assembly duties. May be responsible for maintaining accurate inventory of parts, tools required to perform specific duties. Interfaces with client and client systems to ascertain quality parameters and specific tolerance standards. Investigates part identification integrity and maintains applicable records. Tests incoming material/equipment using a variety of tools and testing equipment. May perform client and/or vendor product sample tests and layout approvals for new products. Conducts sample audits of material/equipment to be packaged or shipped and maintains corresponding records. May be required to compile quality reports as facility or client needs dictate.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and/or electronic schematics diagrams
- Working knowledge of complex inspection tools including dial bore indicators, micrometers and various gages, etc.
- A working knowledge of Cat Logistics and/or client inventory and reporting systems
- Previous experience in quality control
- Client product or technical degree is desirable
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience in electronics related study is desirable.
- Ability to work at heights of up to 20 feet from the floor
- Ability to work overtime
- Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- Must be able to squat, bend and stretch for short intervals, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift and carry tools, product and equipment weighing up 35 pounds
- Positions are full-time with benefits
- Located in Lafayette, Indiana
- Position is on 1st Shift
- Wage starts at $16.25/hour
No relocation reimbursement is offered
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.