The Production Planner organizes production according to demand and quality standards to ensure goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner.
- Maintains a safe working environment and a commitment to safety excellence;
- Plans and executes multiple project tasks at a time;
- Schedules production for Cast House for inside (extrusion presses) and outside customers, with the understanding and knowledge to maintain a 95% on time delivery for both internal and external log and billet requirements;
- Updates/maintains Press Capacity spreadsheet daily, in order to communicate to sales current lead times;
- Maintains the required safety stock for customer parts;
- Schedules fabrication, and maintains a 95% on time delivery for all fabricated parts;
- Creates and prints depot replenishment work orders, to maintain the depot levels required to maintain current demand for all customer requirements;
- Maintains and tracks press reserve for required customers;
- Schedules extrusion presses based on incoming orders, taking into account required date, 2nd operations necessary to complete order, tooling availability, alloy requirements, and any stock on hand in inventory;
- Calculates and prints work orders for presses daily, keeping presses in at least 48 hrs of work;
- Tracks and prints order shortages and rescheduling as quickly as possible;
- Publishes and distributes daily press schedules;
- Updates and informs sales department of order status;
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing work experience as a production scheduler;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Strong skills and working knowledge of EPICS extrusion software;Strong attention to detail, problem solver, able to create solutions to challenges in an expedient manner;
- Extrusion tooling and die knowledge a plus;
- Ability to work well with little guidance/supervision;
- Strong written and communicative skills;
- Ability to work well with people at all levels.