STAMPING ENGINEER: Automotive Metals
SIA's stamping engineer position is focused on troubleshooting and root cause analysis for both current and new product lines’ samples / prototypes in relation to formed metals and stamping tooling. If there is a quality issue, you will be the one to ID if the problem is arising from the process, tooling, or the press performance itself. You will then suggest changes and support the appropriate group to see the modification through to completion. Groups you will interact with in these efforts will include production supervisors, process engineers, design team, and maintenance personnel. This position is '5th in line' for design duties. There are two primary drafts people and two engineers that are backup. This position would support those four people. This role is not focused on design work.
The Manufacturing Stamping Engineer supports and/or leads the following activities:
- Supports current production and service parts production processes with respect to Kaizen and improvement to eliminate Safety, Quality and Productivity issues
- Model change activities including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate New Model Die Logistics with respect to shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate Outside Die Treatments and Modifications.
- Support Model Change die integration, quality replication and die modification coordination due to customer (Body, Paint & Trim) quality feedback requirements.
- Support Logistics, Layout & Pallet development activities Shop-wide.
- Learn and support CAD/CAM die machining data development and re-configuration for die related activities including, but not limited to:
- ECS & AAS die changes.
- Die repair and refurbishment requirements.
- Kaizen and improvement activities.
- Procurement of required materials. (This position will serve as a backup for the Designated Primary Tooling Engineer).
- BS in either Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent discipline
- Automotive die design, manufacture or maintenance experience
- An understanding of tooling development, fabrication, function and processes with related materials
- Proficiency in non-specific CAD/CAM programming
Join a team where our associates are the most important part of our company. We take an active interest in our associates’ wellbeing and great pride in offering one of the best benefits packages in the community. We offer premium free medical, dental, and vision insurance. Yes, you read that correctly – premium free! Our 401(k) retirement plan includes a generous employer match, in addition to an annual discretionary contribution paid by SIA.
We’ll make life easier with our on-site health and wellness center, an on-site recreation center (with free personal trainers), and our on-site daycare for the little ones.
We know how important time away from work is as well, which is why our time off program includes a two week summer shut down in addition to the week between Christmas and New Years off, allowing you to get the R&R you deserve when you need it most.
Last, but not least, we are proud to offer tuition reimbursement and professional development programs to our associates, including access to on-site programs through Purdue Polytechnic College, Ivy Tech, and Vincennes University.