The Manufacturing Engineer, Stamping supports and/or leads the following activities:
- Support current production and service parts production process with respect to Kaizen and improvement to eliminate Safety, Quality and Productivity issues
- Model change activities. To include but not limited to:
- Coordinate New Model Die Logistics with respect to shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate Outside Die Treatments and Modifications.
- Support Model Change die integration, quality replication and die modification coordination due to customer (Body, Paint & Trim) quality feedback requirements.
- Support Logistics, Layout & Pallet development activities Shop-wide.
- Learn and support CAD/CAM die machining data development and re-configuration for die related activities. To include but not limited to:
- ECS & AAS die changes.
- Die repair and refurbishment requirements.
- Kaizen and improvement activities.
- Procurement of required materials. (This position will serve as a backup for the Designated Primary Tooling Engineer).
- BS degree in either ME or MET or equivalent discipline
- Automotive die design, manufacture or maintenance experience
- An understanding of tooling development, fabrication, function and processes with related materials
- Proficiency in non-specific CAD/CAM programming
- Proficient utilizing applications in MS Office
- Good organizational skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Basic Japanese language skills
- Team oriented relationship building