Maintenance Supervisor, Manufacturing
This is an electrical – mechanical maintenance supervisor opening at an automotive OEM company offering premium-free comprehensive benefits, performance bonus, and an aggressive 401K matching program. As a bonus, we are proud to say that Subaru SIA is the safest automotive manufacturing OEM plant in the nation – many years running. This role will be a mixture of hands-on, managerial and administrative as opposed to a purely hands-on supervisor role.
To be considered, you must show proficiency with both electrical (basic) theory and mechanical systems maintenance including hydraulics and pneumatics. Additionally, you will need to know how to navigate PLC ladder logic (e.g. Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi). Lastly, you will need to have previous supervision experience specifically within a manufacturing environment. This role will have you working in many of the (non-union) plant’s departments across 4.4 million square feet as you supervise a team of roughly 20 individuals.
- Analyze current failures, equipment breakdowns & PM activities to reduce risk of equipment malfunctions in efforts to increase production efficiency.
- Supervise maintenance associates: coordinate staffing levels, assign associates to duties, performance evaluations, etc.
- Continuously drive safety metrics and ensure compliance of company policy.
- Control maintenance budgets, parts inventories, and develop / maintain suppliers.
- Develop and maintain maintenance activity reporting, control overtime, conduct shift meetings.
- Have 5+ years of manufacturing maintenance experience.
- Have 2+ years of maintenance supervision experience specifically within a manufacturing environment.
- Be proficient with PLC’s, ladder logic, and controls troubleshooting.
- Understand basic and intermediate electrical theory via practical application within manufacturing.
- Proven capabilities with mechanical maintenance.
- SAP or ERP/MRP experience.
- Exposure to handling a maintenance or project budget.
- BA or BS degree or 2 year completed degree with equivalent experience.