What you will be part of
At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio.
In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab is seeking an HR Manager/ Business Partner to collaborate with business leaders and the HR Shared Services team in developing and implementing strategic HR programs that align to our overall business needs. Working with leaders at all levels, the individual will provide guidance and leadership for HR-related activities. This position will be part of the leadership team who will be responsible for setting up our new operation in West Lafayette, IN.
- Work with leadership team to create, implement and execute HR programs including performance management, compensation, strategic training plan, policy and procedures etc.
- Coach managers and leaders on strategies for ensuring outstanding employee relations; guide manages through employee relations issues and engage legal counsel when appropriate.
- Serve as a partner to Senior Leaders on the creation of development plans for key talent and determine what development solutions may be appropriate.
- Lead the recruiting process to hire the most qualified candidates for the new site.
- Work with leaders to ensure successful execution of the year-end performance management/compensation process including employee calibration.
- Work with the shared services team, to ensure all federal, state and local regulations and reporting requirements.
- Implement a well-functioning training setup and competence requirements.
Your experiences and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Industrial Relations, Business or related discipline
- 10-15 years’ experience in an HR role with increasing responsibilities
- In depth Knowledge in one or more Human Resource specialty areas such as compensation, recruitment, training, organization development, etc.
- Ability to direct and influence at all levels of the organization to drive results
- Excellent customer service skills with positive and helpful demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced HR Professionals
- Proficiency in e-mail, Microsoft office suite and other computer-based systems (i.e. HR systems, applicant tracking systems
- Self-starter and self-directed with the ability to think creatively for efficiency and process improvement
- Ability to multi-task, balancing a number of tasks efficiently
- Accepting of new ideas and has the desire to continue learning
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.