What you will be part of
At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio.
In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab is setting up a new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Finance Controller, Production to be responsible for coordinating the completion of all plant accounting and financial reporting activities. The successful candidate will be involved in all financial matters, including:
- Controlling production costs and inventory management
- Building an efficient financial reporting structure
- Reporting financial status and performance
- Leading Forecasting and Budgeting processes
- Implementing and managing the company ERP-system
Your experiences and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline is required. MBA desirable.
- 15+ years of progressive leadership experience with proven track record of success in leading mid to large functional and/or program organizations.
- Extensive knowledge of Production Control and Financial Control
- Experience setting up an financial structure in a company
- Knowledge and experience of ERP implementations and/or major upgrades
- Familiar with the manufacturing environment, preferably in Aerostructures.
- Excellent communication and proven leadership skills
- Ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively in a team setting
- Driven, innovative and takes initiative without being asked
- Accepting of new ideas and has the desire to continue learning
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.