The Cast House Manager is responsible for the overall direction and management of the day to day operation of the Cast House and its employees.
- Manage the operations of the Cast House to produce cast products that meet customer specifications and are delivered within customer expectations;
- Create and implement improvements to the casting process and associated production processes to reduce costs and increase production;
- Drive improvements in Cast House profitability through advanced customer product mix and qualifications into new segments;
- Drive Safety to be engrained in the culture of all Cast House employees;
- Responsible for performance management evaluation process for the Cast House employees, both salaried and hourly;
- Ensure teamwork, accountable for staffing plan, and responsible for developing Cast House Leads;
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards and keeping training up to date for all employees;
- Develops or revises standard operational and work practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards;
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing problems to ensure to improve equipment reliability and minimize unplanned downtime.
- Manage, direct, coach, lead, train and motivate teams to achieve goals and contribute in a timely and safe manner, while continuously striving to improve effectiveness and efficiency;
- Pulls from all resources to ensure that continuous improvement is ingrained in the workforce culture;
- Inspects all equipment to ensure proper working order;
- Responsible for maximizing scrap utilization;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or four to ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least 5 years in aluminum casting or related industry;
- At least 3-5 years of technical and managerial experience in a melting, casting, and finishing operation;
- In-depth knowledge of the casting process, the operation of equipment, aluminum alloys and standards, use of precision instruments and customer orders and specifications;
- Be a contributing member of the management team;
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate on all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams at all levels of the workforce;
- Computer proficiency is required.