Business Account Executive
MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic; customer focused Business Account Executive in Lafayette, IN!
At MetroNet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic technology. MetroNet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice and internet services that provide our customers with some of the fastest internet speeds in the world. Recognized for being one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 by Glassdoor. We are committed to revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.
We’re looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create what’s next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive Base salary plus an excellent commission package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Company paid logo attire
- Flexible schedule
- Company provided laptop or iPad
- Cell phone allowance
- Company paid certification training
- Business expense reimbursement
- Annual performance and compensation review
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
The Business Account Executive is a home based position with travel to and around the assigned territory on a daily basis and is responsible for all the sales functions. This includes forecasting, soliciting and securing orders from potential and existing business customers. Provides customer service and prepares periodic reports as required.
What you will be doing:
- Secures orders from existing and potential customers by means of visiting the customer facility or contacting by phone
- Secures opportunities to quote on customer requirements
- Follows up (by phone or visit) on quotations submitted to customers
- Establishes professional customer relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management or other key personnel)
- Submits weekly activity/call reports concerning customer related activities for quotes, orders and problems concerning customer relationships
- Performs all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory
- Provides lost business reports on a weekly basis
- Provides a territory sales forecast on a monthly basis
- Spends at least 85% of time worked visiting customers or potential customers
- Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision
- Position may require travel to other MetroNet markets to solicit and secure orders from potential or existing customers. At any given time, duties may change to insure that the goals of MetroNet are met
What You Need For This Position:
- 1-2 years B2B sales experience
- Track record of success in sales
- Desire for an uncapped earning potential in a 75% commission structure
- Must complete and pass all courses offered by MetroNet or pass proficiency tests
- Knowledge of principles and methods involved in showing, prompting and selling products or services, which include marketing strategies, tactics, product demonstrations and sales techniques
- Technical or telecommunications background a plus
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER