The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. This position will also drive the onboarding process for new employees. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring, engaging and retaining the best possible talent.
*Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position, including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Manage the recruitment, hiring and retention initiatives for the organization.
- Create and post open jobs on the company website in accordance with company procedures.
- Establish a recruiting plan by incorporating the organization’s objectives and meeting with managers to discuss talent needs.
- Work with hiring managers to establish optimal candidates and follows through with recruitment/onboarding process; i.e. credit checks, background checks, reference checks, offer negotiations, etc.
- Proactively identify candidates by utilizing multiple strategies including; searching online databases and social media sites, job boards, contact lists, networking, optimizing use of employee referrals and ATS database and attends industry and diversity related events.
- Remain active on social media forums, attend career fairs, visit local college campuses or universities and any other creative methods to locate qualified candidates.
- Work with Marketing team to manage the utilization of social media recruitment and communication and keeps company website recruitment pages current to assist in recruitment.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruitment plans and implementation.
- Manage company-wide recruitment projects.
- Create reports related to talent acquisition, present information and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Coordinate new hire on-boarding with HR and Training team; work with candidates to ensure all required documents are completed prior to employment; work with Training Team to ensure new hire is schedule for all applicable training.
- Coordinate new hire on-boarding with Hiring Managers; work with Hiring Managers to create onboarding plans for new hires.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) guidelines and laws and prepare annual Affirmative Action reporting.
- Review and analyze annual affirmative action reports and present to management.
- Meet with existing staff and Interns to identify future interests within the organization and discuss potential career opportunities.
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current legislation; educating managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training.
- Develop, facilitate and/or coordinate training such as Interview Skills, Diversity, Discrimination and Harassment and/or other HR related topics.
- Conduct exit interviews with departing employees and compiles and reports trends to management for action.
- Coordinate and support employee engagement activities and functions initiated by HR and Training.
- Attend appropriate meetings and serves on teams as requested.
- Keeps current with trends and developments related to essential job competencies, and demonstrates continued growth individually and within a team.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years recent recruitment, professional staffing and/or related experience required.
- Experience with social media platforms and HRIS systems including applicant tracking and onboarding required.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM-CP) Certification preferred.
- Must have exceptional communication and negotiation skills and an eye for detail.
- Skills in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action legislation and other legal aspects of interviewing and hiring.
- Professionalism, organizational skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality are all attributes this position demands.
- Strong decision making skills
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and company contacts
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect, pride and ownership
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets
- This position requires sitting, bending, stooping or standing as necessary
Purdue Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran