Medical Assistant - GG
Unity seeks a Medical Assistant to join our team at Gannamaneni Gastroenterology, a practice division of Unity Healthcare. The candidate will be joining a well-established practice with one Physician and one Nurse Practitioner.
Our Medical Assistants play a large role in our organization. With your focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction, we can achieve our mission to provide excellent patient care for the people and communities we serve.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent multi-tasking, organizational and computer skills
- Medical office experience is required
- License(s): CMA or RMA is preferred
- Surgical scheduling experience is preferred
- Allscripts PM/EMR knowledge is a plus!
- Prepares patients by reviewing patient medical history and taking vitals
- Assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Physician and Nurse Practitioner
- Prepare patients for examinations, treatments and procedures
- Document patient information utilizing electronic medical records
- Assists in scheduling patient appointments and surgical scheduling
- Follow guidelines of HIPAA in maintaining patient confidentiality
- Performs additional administrative duties and projects as needed
- Full-Time, Monday-Friday
- Benefits Eligible
- Lafayette, IN
Unity Healthcare, LLC is a physician-owned and governed multi-specialty group with more than 90 Healthcare Professionals in over 40 specialties. We provide primary and specialty care and ancillary medical services throughout North Central Indiana.
WHAT UNITY OFFERS
At Unity, we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our employees. Eligible employees are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation
- Accrued paid time off (PTO starts at up to 18 days annually)
- Paid Holidays
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options, including 401(k) and profit sharing
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or federal law.