The Facilities Technician is responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager in planning and overseeing the day-to-day maintenance of facilities to ensure assets are maintained in a manner to achieve maximum useful life and safe operation. This position assists in determining the most cost efficient use of vendors, equipment, and materials, to properly maintain facilities. The Facilities Technician conducts routine inspections, and regular site assessments of the interior and exterior of the facilities. This position also assists with the planning and implementation of facilities projects. The Facilities Technician is responsible for completing his or her work assignments as well as assisting the Facility Manager as required to support on-going facility and team related responsibilities.
*Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position, including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Assist Facilities Manager with coordination with vendors, the oversight of general maintenance of all Credit Union properties, and maintenance of all mechanical assets.
- Perform electrical work, basic plumbing, light bulb replacement, exterior cleaning, trash pickup, facility cleanup, company vehicle maintenance, equipment/supplies setup for functions, large item transportation, monthly facility inspections, and work with the Facilities Manager to determine when outside vendors are required.
- Serve as a first line responder before and after normal business hours (including weekends, late evening and early mornings) for building issues, as directed. This includes climate control, odors, spills, damage, emergencies, and repairs.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in coordinating with third party vendors to ensure that all maintenance and construction projects are performed on time and within specifications of the job.
- Order and distribute materials used for light facility maintenance.
- Research and resolve facility related issues.
- Maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor in all interactions.
- Provide vendor escort to work area and oversee vendor while on premises
- Evaluate contractor performance and provide recommendations to senior management
- Assist Facilities Support as necessary with; courier run, inventory and/or organization of storage rooms, and cleanliness and organization of facilities workroom and dock
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Associates degree in Facilities Management, Construction Management, Building, Business or other related field; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years' experience with Facility or Property Administration preferred
- Must have working knowledge of terminology, methods, practices, tools, and procedures related to maintenance and repair and/or basic knowledge of building/construction trade
- Superior customer service skills and orientation
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under stressful situations
- Ability to plan and manage work under time constraints
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative style
- Proficient in MS Office, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Indiana Driver’s License
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and company contacts
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect, pride and ownership
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Work is light to medium in nature with frequent walking to perform assigned tasks
- Frequently lifting of 25 - 50 lbs. is required
Purdue Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran