ZF is a global technology company and supplies systems for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and industrial technology, enabling the next generation of mobility. With its comprehensive technology portfolio, the company offers integrated solutions for established vehicle manufacturers, mobility providers and start-up companies in the fields of transportation and mobility. ZF continually enhances its systems in the areas of digital connectivity and automation in order to allow vehicles to see, think and act.
In 2018, ZF achieved sales of €36.9 billion. The company has a global workforce of 149,000 with approximately 230 locations in 40 countries. ZF invests over six percent of its sales in research and development annually.
- Determine feasibility, demonstrate functionality and ensure development of safe vehicle systems.
- Support growth by supporting product launch and continual improvement of tools and processes.
- Establish efficient process for functional safety compliance of group activities.
- Identify, establish and maintain relevant templates for work products.
- Maintain contact with functional safety experts, both internal and external, to ensure functional safety process improvement.
- Support prototype release process compliant with ZF processes and with incorporation of key TRW legacy processes for graduated levels of prototype release including:
- bench test
- track test
- road release for trained drivers
- road release for general drivers
- Specify, design and test electrical components and sub-systems. Act as subject matter expert in the electromagnetic properties of the complete system.
- Assist with maintaining coordination between project documentation and functional safety requirements.
- Some travel, mostly domestic, may be required (approx. 5-10%).
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical (Systems) Engineering required
- Working knowledge of ISO 26262 functional safety standards and associate processes required
- Master's degree in Mechanical or Electrical (Systems) Engineering preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran