The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our OEM and distributor clients.Position also serves as a liaison between Regional Sales Managers/Manufacturing Representatives, Manufacturing/Operations, Production Capacity Planning, Technical, Shipping and Fabrication Services.
- Fields incoming calls from existing and prospective customers;
- Resolves matters concerning orders, returns, shipments and products in a professional manner;
- Resolves customer problems promptly and accurately in a manner that will retain and promote customer loyalty;
- Processes customer orders, credits, complaints, returns, inquiries;
- Verifies information items, shipping methods and availability of products;
- Establishes new business opportunities with potential customers through cold calling, telemarketing, provided leads, networking and customer referrals;
- Promotes company products and services, including outsourcing of anodizing, paint, fabrication based upon an understanding and demonstrated competency of company capabilities and product knowledge;
- Recognizes and responds to cross-sell opportunities and is able to successfully convert inquiries into orders;
- Collaborates with department managers/representatives to help execute commercial, and key account strategies;
- Uses market knowledge and sales skills to make pricing recommendations to management;
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
- Minimum high school graduate; Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in sales or customer service role in manufacturing or similar environment;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite;
- Highly detail-oriented;
- Knowledge of aluminum and/or metals industry a plus;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.