Assist in maintaining, or may maintain, a clean, safe, and healthy environment in University facilities. Provide custodial services for university classrooms, offices, research labs, and public spaces. Will work a non-traditional schedule, see posted shift schedule. Provide building access by locking and unlocking areas as scheduled by the department. Develop relationships with building occupants and respond to requests.
- Stable work or education history with good attendance record
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English to effectively communicate and understand others.
- Basic math skills and good work organization
- Ability to learn and use powered and non-powered floor care equipment.
- Will be enrolled in Building Services Custodial Development Program within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to work well with others and work in a team environment
- Learn and follow safety procedures; includes the wearing personal protective equipment as required
- Ability to lift and carry 25 to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally
- Work outdoors 10% of the time in temperatures below 32 degrees and above 90 degrees
- High School Diploma/GED
- Six months of custodial, service worker, housekeeping, or janitorial experience
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment authorization for this position
- This is a frequently available position
- The hours for this position are Sunday through Thursday; 10:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Occasional overtime may be required
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply