The Systems Administrator is responsible for focusing on the enterprise core server administration to ensure reliability of essential services to our clients. Under general direction this position performs a varying degree of technical support including coordination, maintenance, upgrades and overall support for our systems. Additional requirements are to assure proper security and operation, planning and implementing system software program release changes for enterprise servers. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Escalated problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
*Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position, including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Manage daily tasks assigned by IT Infrastructure Manager.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Assist in preparing long- and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, and acquisition of the resources needed to support them
- Seek out new software/hardware technology that will benefit the Credit Union.
- MAC experience is a plus.
- Triage escalated requests from the Help Desk and apply troubleshooting steps (escalate trouble tickets when required)
- Support team members in the overarching goal of successful client service.
- Provide Tier three applications support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Develops and maintains physical and virtual server provisioning.
- Reviews current trends and vendor software bulletins to prevent potential problems within our environment; confer with vendor support regarding new releases and problem resolution.
- Escalate Business continuity issues to proper channels.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, contact information, and nature of problem or issue and preferred method of support.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the Credit Union.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications
- Perform routine system health checks.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users and triage technicians.
- Recommend appropriate training classes for end users to Corporate Training Services Department.
- Assist in maintaining accurate asset inventory - Record, track, and document all desktop peripherals, lifecycle, manufacturer, model, and serial number.
- Oversees in developing and writing department operational procedures.
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and company contacts.
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect, pride and ownership.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in software support, testing, and troubleshooting in a corporate environment of 100+ users.
- Comptia A+, Comptia Net+, MCSA/MCSE certifications desired
- Knowledge of imaging techniques and remote software deployment like SCCM
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Core Enterprise services. Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Windows Server and Desktop OS.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles and release processes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Advanced knowledge of Skype for Business/WebEx preferred.
- Experience training end-users on Microsoft platforms at the desktop level is a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets
- This position requires sitting, bending, stooping or standing as necessary
Purdue Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran