The Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales and service throughout the branch by insuring proper training, coaching and development of team members of the sales and service process. Additionally responsible for training team on product and operational knowledge to insure accuracy and efficiency at all levels within the branch while providing the highest level of member satisfaction. Execute acquisition tactics by working with community business partners (including community Chamber(s)) to develop local business partner relationships. Develop internal partners (including investment services, mortgage originators, and commercial lending) to help achieve branch goals. Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to the position. Must comply with all SAFE Act registration procedures.
*Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position, including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Responsible for the achievement of success of the branch through coaching and development, goal allocation and personal contribution.
- Review processes, systems, and branch functions for efficiencies and make changes and recommendations when recognized.
- Effectively lead and maintain branch efficiency in FTE counts, scheduling, production and other branch metrics.
- Manage the selection, performance, cross-training, coaching and development, promotion, and termination of all staff.
- Ensure staff is clear on the expectations of their roles and responsibilities and demonstrates them accordingly.
- Understand, communicate, and convey Purdue Federal’s strategic matrix and vision to educate staff on how their contributions make an impact to the organization through consistent communication including branch meetings, coaching and daily meetings.
- Promote an environment of honesty and integrity, mutual respect, and pride and ownership while holding team members accountable for their actions.
- Create amiable and productive working relationships with support departments for enhanced service to members and staff.
- Supervise all areas of retail operations in accordance with Purdue Federal policies / procedures and demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations including BSA, CIP, and OFAC.
- Forecast future trends and branch needs and strategize for maximum efficiency.
- Exceed monthly production goals by identifying and implementing new opportunities to promote products in the branch when needed.
- Develop in-branch activities and campaigns including outbound call initiatives to generate awareness and sales.
- Submit ideas for new products and services that meet members’ needs
- Stay well-informed of competition and the markets we serve and work collectively with internal partners including Member Business Services to build relationships.
- Partner with community Chamber(s) for acquisition opportunities
- Take ownership of personal leadership and development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1 to 3 years Sales and/or Banking Experience OR Associates Degree with 3 to 5 years Sales and/or Banking Experience
- Professional communicator
- Competent computer skills
- Customer service experience
- Proven success in a sales environment
- Strategic thinking skills and the ability to problem solve quickly
- Capable of managing and prioritizing a multitude of tasks
- Experience building, leading, and managing teams
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and company contacts
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect, pride and ownership
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets
- This position requires sitting, bending, stooping or standing as necessary
Purdue Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran