The Retail Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Retail Division including the branches, contact center and investment services by working as a liaison with other credit union departments to ensure the member experience is kept as a continued focus while also ensuring retail is compliant with all policies and procedures. This position will coordinate with other departments and assist in designing and writing procedures, ensuring the retail team follows procedures, serve as the voice of retail on projects, and troubleshoot problems to find the best solutions for our members and the credit union. This position is also involved in strategic initiatives and credit union wide projects. Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to the position. Must comply with all SAFE Act regulation procedures.
*Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position, including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Retail Coordination
- Review policies and procedures and suggest and make changes as needed.
- Work with IT to coordinate system testing, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Research new retail technology to increase productivity, improve member experience, and/or improve team member environment.
- Create, monitor and report on retail trends.
- Provide feedback to management on member impact issues, system/process inefficiencies and product and service deficiencies.
- Remain abreast of changes in the market on competition and pricing.
- Serve as a liaison between retail and support department for projects and communicate department expertise to retail
- Work with retail to correct operational errors on loans, new accounts, etc.
- Work with audit/risk compliance on issues that require additional training or changes as well as respond for Retail to audit issues and concerns.
- Create working relationships with support departments for enhanced service to members and staff
- Submit ideas for new products and services to meet members' needs
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Management, Finance or related field and/or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in customer service or operations preferably with a financial institution.
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and company contacts
- Experience collaborating across teams/departments
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to problem solve quickly
- Capable of managing and prioritizing a multitude of tasks
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect, pride and ownership
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets
- This position requires sitting, bending, stooping or standing as necessary
Purdue Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran