The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects through the entire project lifecycle. Effectively applies project management methodology in planning and development of project strategy to include defining project objectives, scope and schedule. Works with end users to gather requirements, forms recommendations on possible alternatives, and presents these alternatives to management to determine an action plan. Works closely with Project Sponsor and Project Owner to ensure project objectives are met. Responsible for managing designated timelines and ensuring issues are escalated appropriately. Regularly produces and delivers project status reports to the project stakeholders. Communicates frequently with Senior Leadership Team and leaders of other business units during project assignments.
*Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position, including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Manage complex projects with cross-functional teams across business units; not solely IT projects.
- Identifies and secures necessary personnel and financial resources, determining tasks that must be completed, assigning the tasks, delegating authority, and motivating team members to work together on the project.
- Responsible for creating detailed project plans and managing project scope, quality, and timeline to achieve business goals.
- Responsible for budget creation and day-to-day management of project budget.
- Oversee and track all aspects of project management/delivery, including project progress, communications, requirements, risks, issues, and delivery of projects to the satisfaction of the stakeholders.
- Utilize project management methodologies, systems and tools.
- Lead project team meetings.
- Provide feedback regarding employee performance on a project team to the functional manager.
- Recommend new processes where needed to improve quality, cost or delivery.
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with personnel from all levels involved during the project.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Project Management role.
- Proven track record of managing enterprise projects.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.
- Experience in the use of structured project management methods and tools.
- Ability to think critically and find solutions.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and company contacts
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect, pride and ownership
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets
- This position requires sitting, bending, stooping or standing as necessary
Purdue Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran