The Member Engagement Specialist is responsible for making outbound contact with targeted members in order to onboard, retain or deepen their membership by promoting and cross-selling Purdue Federal products and services, including but not limited to electronic services, loan and deposit products, and specialty programs. To assist the Contact Center inbound unit if needed to respond to member needs with high quality service, quickly and efficiently, via multiple media channels. To exceed the expectations of the members. To assist in the identification of new opportunities to onboard, deepen and retain membership, and also assist in implementing programs across the credit union through sharing of expertise and experience. Must comply with all SAFE Act registration procedures if applicable for the position.
*Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position, including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Member Engagement through outbound phone contact and email
- Making timely outbound contact with members who have been identified as a new member, a member having a potential to close or reduce their relationship or activity with the credit union, or an opportunity to support sales or promotional campaigns in order to deepen the member relationship.
- Utilize cross-selling opportunities to deepen those relationships retained to achieve loan, deposit and service production goals
- Be involved in development and implementation of new campaigns.
- Outbound Courtesy Calls
- Making timely outbound contact with members identified by areas of the credit union with a need to insure member notification related to Purdue Federal changes, accuracy issues or regulation changes.
- Making follow up calls to marketing campaigns as needed to promote credit union growth
- Utilize postal service information to identify membership with inaccurate address/contact information to reach out to members in order to retain current information
- Problem solving and assisting membership with needs that may be unrelated to the intent of the phone contact.
- Training and Development
- Remain current on all areas of credit union products and services.
- Remain current on all marketing outreach.
- Cross training other staff members through findings and trends in current processes.
- Inter-Departmental Relations
- Meet regularly with sales staff to discuss trends, successes and obstacles.
- Responsible for supporting the Member Consultant role with sales opportunities by using referral methods and a needs based sales approach.
- Work closely with many different groups within the credit union to identify needs and opportunities for outbound phone contact.
- To assist the Contact Center inbound unit if needed to respond to member needs with high quality service, quickly and efficiently, via multiple media channels.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- High School Diploma with some college coursework preferred
- Minimum 3 to 5 years phone experience and customer service
- Ability to engage a member by phone, identify needs and assist – creating a relationship building contact.
- Ability to produce effective sales referrals to the branch staff.
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and company contacts
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect, pride and ownership
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, headset, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets
- This position requires sitting, bending, stooping or standing as necessary
Purdue Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran