The Contact Center Representative is responsible for responding to member needs with high quality service, quickly and efficiently, via multiple media channels, including phone, video teller, online chat, and secured messaging. Basic functions include customer account maintenance, plastics maintenance, transfers, technical support and research for Online Banking and Bill Pay, and payment processing. The contact center representative will provide member service through research and problem solving. The Contact Center Representative should always strive to exceed the expectations of the members.
* Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position, including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Provide account information to members and process requests accurately, efficiently and timely.
- Maintain product knowledge and expertise on Purdue Federal products and services
- Cross-sell other products and services that the Credit Union offers and refer/direct member to utilize online banking, bill pay, eStatements, and direct deposits
- Perform teller transactions such as account transfers and fee adjustments as well as routine deposits and withdrawals
- Account maintenance such as closing accounts and name/address changes
- Maintenance on Plastics (Visa Check and Visa Credit) - such as card activation, bonus point maintenance, card ordering, troubleshooting problems
- Visa increase processing - take information for lending decision, follow through with member to ensure request is processed
- Payment processing - order coupons, provide payment information, receive payments.
- Payroll adjustments/corrections
- eCommerce and ePay support, research, and problem resolution- login/password assistance, front-line technical assistance, support for ePay/uDeposit/Online Banking/ Bank By Phone
- Provide statement copies, historical account summaries, and check copies
- Handle merchant verifications
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all Purdue Federal compliance and procedures
- Demonstrate and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of and ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, including but not limited to BSA, OFAC, CIP
- Assigned projects such as ePay account closures, fax/mail processing and tracking, online stop payments, abandoned property follow-ups, outbound issue calling.
- Take ownership of individual professional development
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in call center operations, customer service, sales and/or banking required
- Competent computer skills required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and constant interruptions
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and company contacts
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect, pride and ownership
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets.
- This position requires sitting, bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
Purdue Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran