The Accounting and Costing Supervisor ensures that costs for the company's products and services are allocated according to corporate procedures and in compliance financial accounting standards.
- Plan, organize and direct all the activities of the cost accounting function;
- Manage day to day operations of the existing cost accounting function from management of current rates to monthly close and analysis;
- Direct and coordinate standard rate collection;
- Oversee the forecasting of inventory levels and manage quarterly physical inventories;
- Interpret and report rate change impact on inventories;
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost;
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs;
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures;
- Perform proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management;
- Develop metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers;
- Perform proactive analysis of variances and communicate issues and opportunities to operations management;
- Define policies and procedures for all cost accounting activities;
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in accounting management, preferably as a cost accountant in a manufacturing organization;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and history of driving change;
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with non-accounting professionals;
- Ability to relate cost accounting concepts to operations and the financial statements;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.