COVID-19 Business Resources 2020
COVID-19 Business Resources 2020
Dear Greater Lafayette Commerce Members and Small Businesses
We are closely monitoring the developments around the transmission of the COVID-19 virus and will continually be assessing our policies related to them. With information currently available, it is difficult to forecast what will happen during the next 7 days, or even a month from now. Our top priority is the health and well-being of our program participants, businesses, their employees and the community at large.
If you still have a question regarding COVID-19 that is not answered by one of the resources we have provided below, the Greater Lafayette Commerce team will connect you with the available information as quickly as possible.
We continue to monitor the impacts of the coronavirus, using the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Indiana State Department of Health. There is a large volume of information being circulated about the coronavirus from a wide variety of sources. We encourage all organizations to use the guidance from these government agencies as the trusted resource for individual business decisions.
Guidelines for Businesses
All employers should be ready to implement strategies to protect their workforce from the coronavirus while ensuring continuity of operations. Download these guides created by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, State of Indiana, and Small Business Administration based on information provided by the CDC, to learn more about how employers and employees can prepare for and address the impacts of the Coronavirus.
- Restarting Your Business
- CDC Guidance for Employers page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fspecific-groups%2Fguidance-business-response.html
- The CDC recommends that event organizers cancel or postpone events with more than 50 attendees for the next 8-weeks: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html
- COVID-19 Symptoms and Testing Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/index.html
- Indiana's Weekly Unemployment Claims by Industry Sector
- Indiana Department of Workforce Development COVID-19 Info: https://www.in.gov/dwd/19.htm
- How to File: https://www.in.gov/dwd/2362.htm
- FAQs: https://www.in.gov/dwd/files/Indiana_Unemployment_FAQ.pdf
- FAQs in Spanish: https://www.in.gov/dwd/files/Indiana_Unemployment_FAQ_Sp.pdf
- FAQs for Employers: https://www.in.gov/dwd/files/Indiana_Unemployment_FAQ_Employers.pdf
- FAQs for Employers Spanish: https://www.in.gov/dwd/files/Indiana_Unemployment_FAQ_Employers_Sp.pdf
- Guide to Rolling UI Claims Process: https://www.in.gov/dwd/4013.htm
- Podcast: What you need to know about Unemployment Insurance: https://www.ibj.com/articles/ibj-podcast-what-you-need-to-know-about-unemployment-now
- Workforce Development: Workforce Updates
- Workforce Development: Training Opportunities with Ivy Tech Community College
- Workforce Development: Workforce Safety
- Workforce Development Weekly Webinar: Summer Options for Youth
- Workforce Development Weekly Webinar: Workforce Mental Health
- Quarterly Development Series Q2: COVID-19 Impact Webinar Series Part III Playbook for Success – Building your Game Plan for your COVID Comeback Story
- INnovations Series: Build Resilience, Deal with Stress, and Improve Overall Well-Being During COVID Times
- Playbook for Success: Building Your Best You
Drive Business During This Challenging Time
- Members and non-members can enter hot deals here: https://chambermaster.blob.core.windows.net/userfiles/UserFiles/chambers/2907/CMS/PDFs/COVID19/Hot-Deal---Member-and-Non-member-Instructions.pdf
- Find all hot deals here: http://www.greaterlafayettecommerce.com/hotdeals/