Local Green Business Certification Program
Clear-Blue-Green Business Certification Program
Why go green?
The Clear-Blue-Green Business Certification Program is a voluntary program that encourages businesses to implement proactive actions that are good for their bottom line and the environment. The Clear-Blue-Green Business Certification Program, a partnership between the Go Greener Commission, Greater Lafayette Commerce, and the Wabash River Enhancement Corporation, seeks to recognize businesses that are committed and engaged in environmentally responsible operations and practices. Through this program, we hope to market our members who are actively involved in green business practices, increase awareness of the economic growth opportunities related to emerging green economies, and to connect existing green businesses with new members of this market.
A Clear-Blue-Green Business:
- Conserves resources and prevents pollution
- Protects environmental and public health and wellness
- Strengthens its bottom line through operating efficiencies
- Creates a healthy workplace
- Is recognized as a business and environmental leader in the community
How to become Clear-Blue-Green?
We would like to formally recognize businesses that take steps to conserve natural resources and prevent pollution. To become a Clear-Blue-Green certified business:
- Complete the Clear-Blue-Green Business Certification application
- Submit application and application fee to review board
- Host on-site tour of business operations
- Congratulations! If approved, you will be awarded a Clear-Blue-Green Business Certification
Is my business eligible?
The Clear-Blue-Green Business Certification Program serves businesses that are in the Wabash River Watershed. As the Wabash River Watershed covers all of
How do we start the Clear Blue Greening process?
- Fill out the online clear blue green business certification program application or click here to download a printable application.
- Pay the application fee of $25. For-profit businesses with multiple facilities pay an initail $25 application fee for the first site, and $5 thereafter for each facility. Non-profits/Governmental/P12 Organizations will only be charged a one time fee of $25.
Your application will be reviewed quarterly by the Clear-Blue-Green Business Certification Review Board, a volunteer committee committed to promoting green ideals throughout Tippecanoe County, while the committee is not responsible for business audits, if your application is approved, you may be contacted to schedule an on-site tour and consultation. As a certified business, you will receive a Clear-Blue-Green Certified Business window decal to market your achievement and an electronic version of our logo to use in your promotional materials. You will also receive recognition online.
Please note the Clear-Blue-Green Business Certification is valid for two years. If recertification is desired, an application is required for the subsequent two years.